2 April 2007
API members selected a new Administration Council
On March 29, 2007, the members of the Association of Independent Press (API) took part in the Annual General Assembly meeting. The meeting was attended by 16 of the 22 API members.
The meeting decided to exclude the magazine „Business şi Medicina” (Business and Medicine) out of API members and heard the report of API President on the organization’s activity for the last year 2006, the report of the Executive Director and API Auditing Committee.
In accordance with its statutory provisions, the Annual General Assembly appointed the new composition of the Administration Council.
The following persons were selected to form the Administration Council:
1. Ion Mititelu, API President, Director of independent newspaper “Cuvântul liber”, Leova;
2. Tudor Iaşcenco, API Deputy President, director of independent newspaper “Cuvântul”, Rezina;
3. Elena Cobăsneanu, Director of independent newspaper „Observatorul de Nord”, Soroca;
4. Valentina Cibotaru, Director of independent newspaper “Glia Drochiană”, Drochia;
5. Corina Cepoi, Director of Independent Journalism Center;
6. Alina Radu, Director of independent newspaper “Ziarul de Gardă”, Chisinau;
7. Slava Perunov, Editor-in-chief of independent newspaper “SP”, Baltsi.
As well, the Assembly selected the members of the new API Auditing Committee, composed of:
1. Ion Ciumeica, Editor-in-chief of independent newspaper “Business Info”, Cimişlia;
2. Boris Postovan, Director of „BASA-Press” News Agency;
3. Vitalie Cazacu, Director of „DECA-Press” News Agency.