Project: „ Strengthening ethical journalistic practices for covering sensitive child-related issues”
Implementation period: 1 August 2011 – 31 March 2012
Financing organization: UNICEF
Goal of the project:
Improving practices and strengthening professional abilities of journalists and press services from public institutions specialized in covering sensitive subjects related to children.
1. Strengthening professional abilities of journalists for covering sensitive subjects related to children.
2. Developing collaboration and enhancing the interaction with journalists and communication specialists from public institutions while covering sensitive child-related issues.
3. Advocacy for improving the legal framework on child’s rights.
- Organizing and unfolding a theoretic-practical training course for 25 journalists and press service representatives from public institutions of R. Moldova on the topic „Ethical norms for production and documentation of articles covering child’s rights/condition”;
- Developing a contest of articles/reports on child’s rights;
- Elaborating and distributing a special poster entitled „10 golden rules for journalists writing about children”;
- Developing individual working sessions with press service representatives from public institutions dealing with child’s rights defense, protection and promotion, in the view of improving practices of collaboration with mass-media;
- Organizing and unfolding 3 public debates in Chisinau, Baltsi and Comrat.
News at this column:
ATTENTION, CONTEST! Training session „Ethical norms for production and documentation of articles covering child’s rights/condition”
Journalists trained on how to write about child’s rights