Project: „Institutional support for Press Council from Moldova”
Implementing period: January 2011 – January 2014
Financing organization: East European Foundation
Goal of the project:
Building quality journalism and good practices in Moldova, by ensuring the operation and promotion of the Press Council as a self-regulation mechanism settling the disputes arisen between press institutions and media consumers, in the spirit of a mutual dialogue and respect shared by press and the readers.
1. Ensuring a good operation of the Press Council while examining citizens’ complaints.
2. Maintaining the institutional activity of Press Council Secretariat.
3. Promoting good journalistic practices and the Press Council as a journalistic self-regulation mechanism.
- Organizing and unfolding current sittings of the Press Council as well as activities for mediating disputes arisen between media product consumers and mass-media institutions;
- Organizing and unfolding five round tables in order to debate the most acute problems associated to media professional ethics and its awareness towards the public;
- Organizing and unfolding four meetings with the students of Journalism Faculties from Chisinau and Baltsi, in order to inform them about the journalist’s professional ethics and media awareness towards the public;
- Publishing a special edition of OBIECTIV supplement on the occasion of World Press Freedom Day, containing „The journalist’s deontology code from Republic of Moldova” (new edition);
- Publishing three guidelines specialized on good journalistic practices.
News at this chapter: